Thursday, February 18, 2010

~ Pre-Trip ~



A Kvichak Rainbow and a Skagit Steelhead caught by Jim Fuller



My father and I get to go on a fishing trip. I am so excited to fish with him I lose sleep at night. I can't wait to hear him yip and hoot every time a SeaTrout from the colored waters of the Rio Grande grab his fly. He is a hardcore fly fishermen to the core. No matter how far away you drop him off in a run, you can always hear him when a fish decides to tug on his line. It always make me smile. Don't even think about tying his knots...he will just undo them and re-tie them. It is hard enough to offer him the "hot fly" when we are steelheading...if there is such a thing. My father, being new to the spey world, calls me daily, with questions like "So, why is my fly line only 27 feet long?" I tell him he doesn't need to cast any further than that...but after a while I mention to him that running line could be an important feature to check into.

I am very excited to fish with my father again.

This blog will be updates on family fishing days and those fishing tales of friends who travel the world daily.

Cheers

Cal

No comments:

Post a Comment